TAD NewsDesk, Himachal Pradesh: The loans taken under the Kisan Credit Card (KCC) in Himachal Pradesh by farmers and gardeners could be repaid by March 2021, now. Farmers don’t have to repay the amount of interest immediately this month. But those who want to pay would be welcome.
However, Separate accounts would be created for such farmers and separate interest would have to be paid upon the due amount. Though it has not been made certain yet, an interest amount of eight and a half per cent could be levied on the new accounts.
This year amidst the pandemic and the lockdown, the farmers are in a very strained position. Around 9 lakh farmers have taken Kisan Credit card loans. The apple cultivation is also in a loss in Himachal Pradesh this year and hence the gardeners need economic assistance as well.
For farmers/ gardeners who wants to apply for the KCC loan could use the following procedure:
To apply online:
- Open the official bank website.
- Choose ‘Kisan Credit Card’ from the options for credit cards.
- Click on ‘Apply’.
- The online application page will open.
- Fill the form and click on ‘Submit’.
- After the application is submitted, the system will automatically generate a reference number.
- The reference number is to be kept carefully to be used for all further reference.
After the application is submitted the bank procedure would be as follows:
- The bank will call you within 3-4 working days of submitting the application if all the criteria are met.
- Next, the list of documents needed will be informed.
- Appointment for document verification would be fixed.
- After the successful verification by the bank, the KCC will be sent to the registered address.
These top banks are providing KCC loans:
- SBI Kisan Credit Card
- PNB Kisan Credit Card
- ICICI Kisan Credit Card
- Bank of Baroda Kisan Credit Card
At a time of crisis and constraints, especially on the farmers front, this initiative has proven to be a boon in Himachal Pradesh.